Monday, June 30, 2008

Howard LeFevre

You know that feeling you get, deep in your gut, when you know an event is going to happen, but you're not exactly sure when? Well, it happened to me today. Mr. Howard LeFevre passed away. The feeling in my gut is emptiness. Not sadness. Not depression. But emptiness. Mr. LeFevre gave so much to the Licking County community. We are truly blessed and fortunate that he stayed in our area until his death at 101 years of age. It feels like a "Founding Father" is gone.

I get irritated when I hear people grumble about "rich people" and how they have "too much money". It is because of their "too much money" that the quality of life for our citizens is one that many communities would die to have. I wonder if they have any idea how much time and money Mr. LeFevre has put into this community? What we all should be feeling is immense respect and honor for this man and his family.

Mr. LeFevre, you will be missed, but never forgotten.

No comments: