Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I Made A Difference - Did You?


Yes, I am one of the people who waited until today to vote. I like voting on Election Day - I am a traditionalist - and have no plans on doing otherwise in the future. I can also be strong-willed and stubborn (funny, these same terms were used by my daughter's 5th grade teacher at parent-teacher conferences last night). Over the past 30 days I have been warned by many not to wait until Election Day to vote because of the long lines I will face. I wasn't buying it. I wanted to test the waters for myself. Here is my report:


45 minutes


Okay, so I was somewhat wrong. The longest I have ever waited to vote has been 10 min. But given all the hype about the hours and hours people have had to wait, 45 minutes isn't bad. And it was at 8:00 this morning, so I am guessing that mid-morning will be even better. So I am now proudly wearing my "I Made A Difference - So Can You - Vote" sticker.

No comments: