Sunday, December 21, 2008

It's The Thought That Counts - NOT

Last night was the big family Christmas party at the Hottinger's. A total of 30 people gathered at the house my husband grew up in on the east side of Newark. We had a wonderful time. Great food; lots of laughs and of course some fun games.


My brother-in-law surprised me with a DVD he made from the Journey concert we went to in the fall (see my post on this here). Journey is my all-time favorite band. So we started talking about the concert and I noticed that my sister-in-law had this odd look on her face. She looked at me and asked if Chris (her husband) told me about my birthday present. I responded no and then asked what she was talking about.

She had this big smile on her face and said that after the concert she stood in this long line and purchased a Journey t-shirt for me as a birthday gift. I lit up. I've always wanted one. I asked her where it was, expecting it to be around the house somewhere. She responded quietly: "I wore it. Several times. Sorry." So she's keeping it. So much for the saying It's the Thought That Counts - I want that shirt!

No comments: