Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Music Analytics

As an avid iTouch user, I must admit that I have been listening to Christmas music on my computer instead. A good friend recommended a station that has been playing only Christmas music for a few weeks now.

Today I found an Internet radio site that is very interesting. Check out Pandora. They actually create personalized stations for you based on the type of music you like. They use "music analytics" to review everything about a song or artist you type in and then they create your very own station. Of course you can always choose a genre instead and have the station created that way too. Another cool trick is the Find Your Episonality. I'll let you experience that for yourself.

I have to listen to music everyday. I crave it. Growing up I never had a night-light; only a radio since the age of 4. Music is good for the soul.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is great, listening to Sinatra and The Rat Pack!

chambergirl said...

My new favorite! I typed in James Taylor and had all songs related to him and southern rock. Thanks Cheri!

Anonymous said...

Thank you. I enjoyed a little K.C. and the Sunshine Band myself this morning. Thank you Cheri

Licking County Chamber said...

I am a K.C. and the Sunshine Band fan myself. I have been listening to Rockin Holidays today.

Anonymous said...

Hello all. Try this artist out for size. Rufus Wainwright

Licking County Chamber said...

Very nice suggestion!