Some important things that I took away from today's event were:
- It is important to determine what the "essential functions" are for every position at your company.
- "Correcting Behavior" is the new politically correct term for discipline.
- The word reasonable in legal documents translates to whatever he or she wants.
I also learned about the questions that are not permissible in an interview. For example:
- I cannot ask "Did you grow up during the Vietnam War? (Any questions which identify applicant as 40 years old or older)
- I cannot ask "Have you ever been pregnant or do you want to get pregnant?"
- And one of my favorites that I cannot ask is "What color are you?"
These may seem a little silly, but you can get into major trouble if you ask the wrong question(s). For more information on today's topic and other information, go to www.dhflaw.com