Friday, December 11, 2009

49 Days To Go

No, this isn't my Christmas countdown, or even my New Year's countdown. 49 is the number of days until our Annual Groundhog Breakfast. Many months of planning result in a wonderful community breakfast that all enjoy every year. January 29, 2010 marks 54 years that the Chamber has been hosting this breakfast.

The BIG secret each year comes at the end of the breakfast, when our celebrity Groundhog removes its head to reveal his/her true identity.

We also present someone in the community with the John Alford Community Service award.

But there is another secret that goes on each year relating to the Groundhog Breakfast. Here it is:


It is the Christmas orniment exchange between the members of the Groundhog Committee. I am pleased to say that my orniment has been purchased AND wrapped. I am now ready.

No comments: