Beginning with the 2010-2011 class (starting in September of 2010), the Chamber will be running this program on our own, which I am very excited about. Over the past years, we have partnered with several great organizations who operated the program, but when an opportunity opened up for us to put our fingerprints back on the program, we jumped at the chance.
We have made several changes to the curriculum, but still kept the programs that meant the most to the ones who have taken the class in the past. The 2010 - 2011 class will experience these new initiatives:
- Each participant will take the Myers-Briggs Test and will learn and understand how their personalities work for and against them
- This class will be taught the Five Practices of Exemplary Leadership, based off the book The Leadership Challenge by Kouzes and Posner
- There will be three sessions taken from the Graduate Program at Muskingum College: Change (based on principals outlined in the book Switch); Critical Thinking and Decision Making/Problem Solving
- Making presentations/public speaking in front of their peers
- Taking an active role in organizing the programs each month
- Observing non-profit Boards in action
In addition to the above items, the class will also expand their network of contacts in and around Licking County as well as learn about different aspects of the community (education, economic development, health care, etc.). Community Leadership of Licking County is good for all people, no matter the age or occupation.
This class will be held on the third Friday of each month beginning on September 17 and will run through May 20. Cost is $600 for the entire year and includes lunch and all materials.
We are now accepting applications for the 2010 - 2011 class. For more information, please call me at 740.345.9757 ext. 5. The deadline to apply is August 1, 2010. Class size is limited, so reserve your spot today!