Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Community Leadership

In May of this year, the 2013 Leadership of Licking County Program produced 22 graduates.  The class met for one full day a month beginning in September of 2012.  The purpose of the program is to strengthen individual leadership skills; expand knowledge of community challenges and opportunities and to create a county-wide leadership network of current and former participants.  Bottom line is that we operate this program to identify and develop leaders who will strengthen our community through active engagement.  Below are some of the comments we have received regarding the program and what participants have learned from it:

“I appreciate the way many organizations work together in the community.  I have a better sense of this now, through this class."

“I have a much deeper, fuller appreciation for our community and deeper sense of professional development.”

“I really liked the strengths based leadership component, the idea of expanding on strengths rather than incrementally improving weakness.”

“The entire experience was great.  The development guest speakers and topics were all well thought out and well prepared.”

“I have always been proud to be raised in this community.  This leadership program has increased that pride and my options to get involved and give back as an adult.”

“I have more contacts to connect with to help support my leadership journey, and I now know how important it is to continually build my skills.”


The Chamber is now accepting applications for the 2013 - 2014 Leadership Class. The class sessions are the second Friday of each month from September – May and the investment is $800.00.  If interested, please contact the Chamber to obtain an application.  The deadline to apply is August 2, 2013.  Space is limited, so get your application in today!

No comments: