The Licking County Chamber of Commerce is thrilled that Homestead Beer Co. has been selected as a finalist! Way to go! The news release from the Ohio Chamber is below:
Ohio Chamber Announces Finalists for Excellence in Entrepreneurship Award
The presentation of the sixth Excellence in Entrepreneurship award sponsored by the Ohio Chamber of Commerce will take place on Tuesday, April 8 at the Capitol Theatre in downtown Columbus. The award will be presented during the Ohio Chamber of Commerce Annual Meeting & Legislative Reception, which begins at 3:30 p.m. As in years past, the award winner will receive a check for $25,000 and the local chamber that nominated the winner will receive $1,000.
This award is designed to identify, honor and financially assist a company in Ohio that is demonstrating the historical innovative spirit of our state. The award recipient best demonstrates this entrepreneurial spirit through a recently introduced or pending introduction of a unique product or service that will have the ability to sustain long-term growth for the company, increase local employment and assist in the creation of economic prosperity within the state.
“In honor of our state’s history of innovators and entrepreneurs, the Ohio Chamber of Commerce created this award to recognize those who continue to take considerable initiative and risk in creating new products and services,” explained President and CEO of the Ohio Chamber of Commerce Andrew E. Doehrel. “As the state’s oldest and most diverse business group, we continue to support the endeavors of Ohio business people through this award as well as our continued business advocacy. This year’s nominees are all excellent examples of the innovative spirit that resides in Ohio’s historic past.”
Local chambers of commerce submitted nominations earlier this year. From those nominees, 10 were selected to compete for the award. An award committee, made up of members from the Ohio Chamber’s board of directors, will review the detailed applications and select the winner who will be announced on April 8. The local chamber that nominated this year’s winner will receive $1,000 in recognition of their work for nominating an award-winning company.
The finalists for this year’s Ohio Chamber of Commerce Excellence in Entrepreneurship Award and the local chambers that nominated them are:
• A & P Technology of Cincinnati, nominated by the Clermont Chamber of Commerce
• Birdeye of Wooster, nominated by the Orrville Area Chamber of Commerce
• Capture Education Consulting Services of New Albany, nominated by the New Albany Chamber of Commerce
• Homestead Beer Company of Heath, nominated by the Licking County Chamber of Commerce
• IC3D LLC of Dublin, nominated by the Dublin Chamber of Commerce
• LifeCare Alliance of Columbus, nominated by the Marion Area Chamber of Commerce
• McWane Poles of Coshocton, nominated by the Coshocton County Chamber of Commerce
• Pleasant Precision, Inc. of Kenton, nominated by the Harding County Chamber & Business Alliance
• Slate Rock Safety LLC of Medina, nominated by the Greater Medina Chamber of Commerce
• The Toasted Oat of Columbus, nominated by the Hilliard Area Chamber of Commerce
For more information on the Ohio Chamber of Commerce Annual Meeting & Legislative Reception, visit the Ohio Chamber’s Web site at www.ohiochamber.com.