President & CEO
The Licking County Chamber of Commerce is in search of an accomplished and highly motivated professional to continue to advance the agenda developed by the Chamber Members and Board of Directors of the Chamber. The President shall also provide strategic leadership in the areas of membership retention/recruitment, economic development and government relations. The successful candidate shall have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and management experience. Financial acumen is also a requirement of this position.
All candidates must have college or equivalent, and must have at least five years experience in a similar leadership role. A full job description is attached.
For consideration, submit a cover letter, resume and salary history electronically to the Licking County Chamber of Commerce, attention Dan McVey at email@example.com. Deadline to apply is September 12, 2016.
For more information about the
Chamber of Commerce, please visit our website at
may be directed to Licking County Cheri Hottinger,
at (740) 345-9757 ext. 5 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Objective: To provide strategic leadership for the Chamber by working with the Board and other management to establish long range goals, strategies, plans and policies.
Essential Functions: Chief Executive Officer with authority and responsibility for all of the business of the Chamber, including but not limited to:
· Planning, developing, implementing, directing and evaluating fiscal function and performance, including the preparation and oversight of the annual operating budget;
· Leading economic development efforts in partnership with the C.I.C. board and staff;
· Leading the development of long-range plans and community projects;
· Governmental relations efforts and activities;
· Supervising all employees, including hiring, discharging, directing, and coaching;
· Developing and implementing necessary policies and procedures;
· Presiding at all meetings of the members and directors if no Chair or Vice Chair has been elected, or if the Chair and Vice Chair are both absent and/or unable to act.
Ø Proven leadership skills, including strong ability to collaborate
Ø Well-developed communication skills, including public speaking and writing
Ø Strategic, planning and organizational skills
Ø Financial acumen and planning skills
Ø Computer skills (MS Word for Windows, QuickBooks, Website Maintenance, Chamber Master)
Location: Licking County Chamber of Commerce, 50 West Locust Street, Newark, OH 43055
Education and Training: High school; college or equivalent, business background and leadership.