Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Taking Responsibility

Today a Chamber member came to see me to point out some inaccuracies in some marketing materials we developed recently. While the errors certainly weren't intentional, they were indeed errors on our part. My response - I'm sorry. We messed up. It won't happen again. Notice that I took responsibility for the mistake. I did not waste her time with all the excuses as to why it happened. That is pointless, in my opinion. When someone gives me feedback on something that they are displeased about, I look at it as an opportunity to improve. I want to know when we mess up. That way I can work to correct the problem. If I don't know, then chances are that we may continue to make the same mistake over and over again. And eventually that will lead to a very unhappy past member of the Chamber.

So, please let me or any member of the staff know if you have concerns. We value your opinion and and welcome your feedback - positive or negative.

No comments: