Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Networking Is Key When Job Searching

Today we received confirmation that Ecolab will be closing its doors by the end of October. It is such a disappointment to hear that kind of news. 131 jobs will be lost there. I have also heard about three other companies making cutbacks as well. I truly feel for those people. It reminds me of one of my favorite movies - Dave - where he gets the most satisfaction by finding people jobs. That is what I wish I could do for all the displaced workers today.

Interesting enough, I read about a woman who was working at Tommy Bahama in Naples, Florida while she was job searching. The article talked about the importance of getting out and networking and not just relying on websites to post your resume.

I wish the very best to those who are in the process of looking for employment during these tough times.

No comments: