Tuesday, October 27, 2009

26 Good Reminders

I am speaking to Granville High School students this week on Leadership. In preparation, I thought I would get the thoughts of others on the topic, so I spent some time on a few blogs which continually teach/talk about the characteristics of good leaders. It has been a good refresher for me and has caused me to reflect on where I am on each of the following attributes:

From the always inspiring Nicholas Bate on Leadership:

1. Lead by example
2. Be on time
3. ALWAYS have a notepad
4. Ask questions
5. Dress as you want to be perceived
6. Be loyal
7. Deliver on your promises
8. Be confident that you can lead
9. Just make the decision
10. Be accountable
11. Do what is right
12. Being one of the few is a good thing


From the always interesting Cultural Offering on Leadership:

13. Attitude is everything
14. Preparation, preparation, preparation
15. Tell the truth
16. Ask for help
17. Encourage others
18. Speak, don't just talk
19. Always learn from your mentors
20. Give credit to others

And from one of my 20 Fav - QAspire blog on Leadership:

21. Be generous
22. Take time to get away and re-energize
23. Be persistent
24. Practice humility
25. Be happy
26. Be yourself.


And there you have it.

2 comments:

Tanmay Vora said...

All good ones - Thats a very useful list you have compiled Cheri.

Thanks for including some of my tips.

Regards,
Tanmay

Jeff Gill said...

A Scout is --

Trustworthy
Loyal
Helpful
Friendly
Courteous
Kind
Obedient
Cheerful
Thrifty
Brave
Clean
Reverent

[Those 12 do it for me!]